Saturday 1 December 2012

First day of Primary School

                          


 Trying to crack a smile
Staring into the lens of the camera in the hands of my mother
I clenched the plastic handle of my trolly bag

glancing back
the thought of a new place and faces gave me chills
but now it's just a memory

For my measly skinny body in that clean-cut iron pinafore,
 my freshly- cut straight tomboy hair,
and my stirred emotions 
could not have helped but fear the unknown

Each step i took to get closer
were even worse than the first

i was alone
but now I'm accustomed

walking to my first class was an accomplishment
But i would cry after

Then i felt like no one would understand
So i cried until someone did

But now i understand
But they still won't

Kids are a like clay
You have to shape them
or they will never learn

But be gentle
we feel things that even you won't realise



No comments:

Post a Comment