Saturday 20 October 2012

Re: The earliest (not really) memory i have

        I remember going to the kindergarten i so dearly loved everyday where I had so much fun playing and learning.  At that time i was taking on mandarin which was really easy for me considering i was an Indian, I made great friends there. But time passed by and my parents couldn't afford sending me there anymore. I remember waking up that day wearing a different, plain blue uniform with a skirt that i dreaded wearing because of the fact i was noticeably a tomboy.

 The environment and teachers were different, as in not a good different; That was the first time i felt like i didn't belong. I hated studying, especially Tamil. It was some sort of alien language at first with all those twists and turns if you don't do it right you'd have to do it all over again just like math, another subject i despise till this very day.

 I still remember that day when i really had to go to the bathroom and my teacher wouldn't let me go because she wasn't done saying out the alphabet, at that time she was around B. When a person has to go to the bathroom let them go to the bathroom unless you want to clean up what they couldn't hold in. This happened twice in my life so far.

I was pretty traumatized by the public education system that i struggled with academics and didn't bother about it until it had long term effects on me. Seeing how everyone else is succeeding ahead of me really brought all those regrets back again and again. I'll just have to admit that there's always going to be someone better then me, yet there is no damage done in doing your best; my advice is don't ever give up no matter the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment