Thursday 11 October 2012

The earliest memory i have.

I was 3. My family and I boarded the plane to Perth, Australia. Let me just remind you i was 3, which meant i was young which leads to hyper-activeness in my case, And that in which my lovely mother decided to give me drowsy flu medicine to make me sleep the rest of the flight. I suppose i don't blame her, i mean, who would want an over-excited 3 year old running around wreaking havoc causing pain and turmoil to many,many innocent passengers. So much for my first flight experience. After we reached the Australian airport, we stayed in a self-contained small room in a motel . As typical Singaporeans the first  thing we did was look for food, now, we visited different places for a variety. The only restruant I could remember, or at least my brother could remember was Hungry Jack's. We also visited a friend of ours who was Singaporean. Me and my brother played in their backyard with his two daughters.I should also mention that in Singapore 80% of the population lives in HDB Flats,which means i have never been in a backyard in my entire life and seeing that was an amazing life accomplishment(at that time). I played with one of the girls on the swings. Unable to hide my amazing swinging skills i slowly let go of the swing for the finale. Unknowing of the fact that they had a dog, and that the dog 'goes' in the backyard. it's pretty much self-explanatory of what i landed on. that was one of those memories that will haunt me even in my adult years. The last thing i remember was that we visited  an isolated and peaceful park. My mother told me i couldn't restrain myself from running around and trying to climb everything without caring about anything and everything. I distinctively remember balancing on a log and knowing i won't ever fall. if only i had these attitudes today. These are some parts of what i could remember during the time i spent there the rest was kind of a blur like returning back, i never remembered coming back on the plane. Hmm.. i wonder why?.

2 comments:

  1. So you were running around with dog stuff on you? It didn't seem to faze you or stop you from balancing on a log! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh i think those were 2 diffrent time periods haha.

      Delete